One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Remove the main central vein from (a shrimp or prawn).
- ‘They deveined some shrimps, cooked a curry sauce with coconut milk, strained it and then dropped the shrimps in and let it boil and simmer.’
- ‘There is the Movable Feast (www.movable-feast.com), a chronicle that captures seconds in the life of an aspiring chef, from deveining shrimp at 8: 20 a.m. to typing in an apartment-door code at 11: 50 at night.’
- ‘Peel and devein the prawns, leaving the tails intact.’
- ‘There is a chapter on Techniques, which tells you how to peel, devein and clean prawns and squid.’
- ‘Yesterday at 3 PM I put on my black chef's clogs, my black pants and white t-shirt, pulled my Red Sox cap over my hair and got to work peeling and deveining shrimp.’
- ‘Here are two ways to devein shrimp with the shell on.’
- ‘As far as I'm concerned, all she had to say was that they were already deveined.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.