One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a compound) in which the ordinary isotope of hydrogen has been replaced with deuterium.
- ‘It must be remembered that the deuterated compounds have a lower Tm than the nondeuterated compounds.’
- ‘For 2 H-NMR experiments, each sample contained 10 mg of deuterated lipid.’
- ‘The activation energy is greater and the rate of the reaction is correspondingly less for the deuterated compounds.’
- ‘Quadrupole splittings of the dominant spectral feature were considerably smaller than the value of - 40 kHz expected for deuterated alanine methyl groups on immobilized peptides.’
- ‘They then dissolved the sample in deuterated acetone and filtered it before running the NMR spectra.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.