One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a compound) in which the ordinary isotope of hydrogen has been replaced with deuterium.
- ‘They then dissolved the sample in deuterated acetone and filtered it before running the NMR spectra.’
- ‘It must be remembered that the deuterated compounds have a lower Tm than the nondeuterated compounds.’
- ‘For 2 H-NMR experiments, each sample contained 10 mg of deuterated lipid.’
- ‘The activation energy is greater and the rate of the reaction is correspondingly less for the deuterated compounds.’
- ‘Quadrupole splittings of the dominant spectral feature were considerably smaller than the value of - 40 kHz expected for deuterated alanine methyl groups on immobilized peptides.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.