One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The woman was detestably sensible, opinionated, and outspoken and her son trusted her reasoning above all things, except, perhaps his own.’
- ‘The thing is, is not cowardly, but profoundly and detestably wicked.’
- ‘‘We shouldn't have come this far,’ he said quietly, some irrepressible and detestably responsible instinct rising up and taking him by surprise.’
- ‘He spoiled her detestably, he always had and she took advantage of that fact at every opportunity.’
- ‘This situation was detestably rectified, as could be clearly seen in face as she jarred forward.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.