One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The woman was detestably sensible, opinionated, and outspoken and her son trusted her reasoning above all things, except, perhaps his own.’
- ‘‘We shouldn't have come this far,’ he said quietly, some irrepressible and detestably responsible instinct rising up and taking him by surprise.’
- ‘He spoiled her detestably, he always had and she took advantage of that fact at every opportunity.’
- ‘This situation was detestably rectified, as could be clearly seen in face as she jarred forward.’
- ‘The thing is, is not cowardly, but profoundly and detestably wicked.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.