One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Except where there are minds interfering with it, matter proceeds deterministically, in its own right.’
- ‘During the Enlightenment humans flirted with the idea of seeing ourselves as machines, deterministically obeying the laws of cause and effect without any real choice.’
- ‘Warfare under the Newtonian paradigm is deterministically predictable, as effects are in principle calculable from their underlying causes.’
- ‘The assumption is that if determinism is true, then libertarianism - the view that some actions are not deterministically caused - must be false.’
- ‘The capacity for collective commitment to social improvement has been annulled; the future is inscribed deterministically in the present.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.