One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the philosophical doctrine that all events, including human action, are ultimately determined by causes regarded as external to the will.‘a deterministic theory’
- ‘He rejects each of these ideologies of history, usually because they project a reductive or deterministic model of African-American identity.’
- ‘Strictly speaking this process of inference cannot be completely deterministic.’
- ‘Throughout the book, he emphasizes that an evolutionary approach is not deterministic.’
- ‘He expressed an underlying instability indicative of the gradual disillusionment with the promises of deterministic reasoning.’
- ‘Of course, the universe on one reading is highly abstract and some of its laws are mechanistic and deterministic.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.