One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In a manner displaying resolve and determination.‘he marched determinedly into the house’as submodifier ‘he is determinedly upbeat about the situation’
- ‘When Uranus arrives in your sign on March 11, you'll work determinedly to get what you want.’
- ‘The home side fought determinedly in the second half, scoring seven points altogether.’
- ‘There's little doubt the determinedly independent filmmaker will continue to operate by his unique set of filmic principles.’
- ‘Gavin saw her struggling determinedly towards the door.’
- ‘She weaved her way between the chairs with her eyes fixed determinedly on that seat, ignoring the stares of the others.’
- ‘Greer has remained determinedly controversial, often earning the ire of feminists for her idiosyncratic stance on women's issues.’
- ‘Finally, Maria sat up, still with a determinedly serious look on her face.’
- ‘Everyone is determinedly looking the other way.’
- ‘These cases show that motor insurers have determinedly resisted paying certain claims.’
- ‘She is aware of the threat of loss of place but remains determinedly optimistic.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.