The process of becoming progressively worse.‘a deterioration in the condition of the patient’
worsening, decline, decay, collapse, failure, fall, drop, downturn, slump, slip, slide, stagnation, waning, ebb, retrogressiondecay, degradation, degeneration, breakdown, decomposition, rot, putrefaction, spoliation, perishingView synonyms
- ‘The images would be compared every year to detect any deterioration.’
- ‘To prevent such sudden deteriorations, it is considered preferable to keep patients in intensive care longer.’
- ‘Our society has almost sunk into abysmal moral degeneration and deterioration.’
- ‘But if there is a deterioration in sales, Hunter will not be able to drop his offer.’
- ‘Anti-freeze must be changed every two years due to the deterioration of the corrosion inhibitors.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.