Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Remove tangles from (hair)
- ‘Melinda finished detangling the rest of Emily's hair.’
- ‘Digging through the large trunk, Pearl discovered a rub and silver plated hair brush and attempted to detangle her long locks.’
- ‘Take small sections and gently detangle from end to root.’
- ‘Also, remember that anything you put in the cat's hair to help detangle it (like lanolin-based products) will end up in kitty's belly, after getting licked off.’
- ‘Keep in mind that if you successfully detangle your hair but wind up with 6 inch split ends you will have defeated your purpose.’
- ‘Her hair was painstakingly detangled, now falling loosely over her shoulders.’
- ‘A regular brush or comb is first used to detangle the hair, and then the fine-toothed nit comb is placed at the scalp and drawn through the hair.’
- ‘If you have natural hair, look for a leave-in conditioner that strengthens and detangles, like Alterna Life Curls Detangler.’
- ‘‘Women in Africa use shea butter to strengthen and detangle hair and to moisturize skin,’ says Gallagher.’
- ‘After thoroughly detangling her hair, Rhiannon walked out of her room and down the small hall that led to the stable hands' quarters and into the hay loft.’
- ‘Rene Furterer Okara 2 Phases No Rinse Conditioner is a light spray-on that also detangles.’
- ‘After another ten minutes detangling his shoulder-length brown hair with his fingers and tying it back, he was ready.’
- ‘It protects hair from styling damage by fortifying cuticles, and detangles and conditions without weighing down the hair.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.