One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Remove tangles from (hair).
- ‘It protects hair from styling damage by fortifying cuticles, and detangles and conditions without weighing down the hair.’
- ‘Keep in mind that if you successfully detangle your hair but wind up with 6 inch split ends you will have defeated your purpose.’
- ‘Digging through the large trunk, Pearl discovered a rub and silver plated hair brush and attempted to detangle her long locks.’
- ‘Her hair was painstakingly detangled, now falling loosely over her shoulders.’
- ‘Melinda finished detangling the rest of Emily's hair.’
- ‘After another ten minutes detangling his shoulder-length brown hair with his fingers and tying it back, he was ready.’
- ‘A regular brush or comb is first used to detangle the hair, and then the fine-toothed nit comb is placed at the scalp and drawn through the hair.’
- ‘Rene Furterer Okara 2 Phases No Rinse Conditioner is a light spray-on that also detangles.’
- ‘‘Women in Africa use shea butter to strengthen and detangle hair and to moisturize skin,’ says Gallagher.’
- ‘If you have natural hair, look for a leave-in conditioner that strengthens and detangles, like Alterna Life Curls Detangler.’
- ‘After thoroughly detangling her hair, Rhiannon walked out of her room and down the small hall that led to the stable hands' quarters and into the hay loft.’
- ‘Take small sections and gently detangle from end to root.’
- ‘Also, remember that anything you put in the cat's hair to help detangle it (like lanolin-based products) will end up in kitty's belly, after getting licked off.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.