One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The search resulted in the detainment of three insurgents who remain in custody.’
- ‘Apparently referring to detainment of suspected enemy combatants, he said the law reminds him of the internment of Japanese-Americans during World War II.’
- ‘I spoke against the detainment of political prisoners, so they detained me and made me a political prisoner.’
- ‘How did the mayor justify the arrest and prolonged detainment of these individuals?’
- ‘Clearly the police have unique powers of arrest and detainment which no civilian should be able to imitate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.