One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A container for reducing the temperature of steam to make it less superheated.
- ‘The tests examined steam conditioning valves and desuperheaters at four different Swedish pulp and paper mills.’
- ‘Therma-stor looks interesting because it provides 120 gal combo desuperheater with conventional electrical backup to eliminate need for separate preheat tank.’
- ‘Since ordinary desuperheaters lack any mixing module a long pipe length is specified downstream to complete the contacting of water and steam.’
- ‘A desuperheater is an attachment to your air conditioner or heat pump that allows waste heat from that device to help heat domestic water.’
- ‘With the installation of a desuperheater, the GHP can be used to heat the home's water.’
- ‘When hot water is withdrawn from the water heater during peak usage and there is no demand for space heating or cooling, a partial water heating or desuperheater system would generate no hot water.’
- ‘Additionally, it is acceptable and even advantageous to have an elbow between it and the desuperheater.’
- ‘Since adequate steam velocities were not maintained, installation of Pipeline desuperheaters was ruled out.’
- ‘At high flows, where no excess water is required, the unit operates as a steam atomizing desuperheater.’
- ‘A number of important considerations need to be taken into account when installing desuperheaters.’
- ‘When water heating is needed, the desuperheater, and not the lower element, will provide almost all of the heat.’
- ‘In most cases, a desuperheater consists of a Venturi in which steam is accelerated and water is injected.’
- ‘Packless CDAX Series desuperheaters are constructed in a compact helical design.’
- ‘Most desuperheaters cool superheated steam by spraying a fine mist of liquid water directly into the steam flow.’
- ‘Steam desuperheaters are used for reducing and controlling the temperature of a steam flow.’
- ‘A spray liner assembly is supported in a pressurized desuperheater header of a steam boiler.’
- ‘These are different from heat pump desuperheaters (discussed below) that provide hot water only as a side benefit of space conditioning.’
- ‘In the winter, desuperheaters can also reduce your hot water bills by preheating water.’
- ‘Built-in desuperheaters are common on geothermal heat pumps and can be used with standard heat pumps.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.