One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Remove sulfur or sulfur compounds from (a substance)‘equipment to desulfurize coal in power plants’
- ‘Wet and dry lime techniques can be used to desulphurise the kiln exhaust gases prior to the EP's.’
- ‘Within the past decade considerable interest has developed in the use of magnesium for desulphurizing blast furnace iron.’
- ‘Magnesium treatment desulphurises the iron to below 0,02% before alloying with the iron, and for economic reasons the sulphur content should be as low as possible.’
- ‘A recent innovation desulfurizes the paste, produces lead carbonate, recovers sodium sulfate crystals, and recycles the H 2 O.’
- ‘Mutant strains that were unable to desulphurize aromatic or aliphatic sulphonates in vitro showed a different effect on plant growth: strain SN36, deficient in the asfA gene; strain SN34, deficient in the ssuE gene.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.