One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There was a game reserve in South Africa in which a herd of elephants suddenly exhibited uncharacteristic, senseless violence and destructiveness.’
- ‘The wanton destructiveness of modern warfare strengthens this obligation.’
- ‘As against these, the stupendous increase in the destructiveness of air power has been of limited utility in guerrilla war.’
- ‘But for the last Bushmen of the central Kalahari, all this is worthless: worse, it all brings a bullying destructiveness which could spell their end.’
- ‘The passion, if not the logic, of her argument is clear and perhaps casts a new light on the deliberate destructiveness of the motives that lay behind her literary innovations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.