One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The wanton destructiveness of modern warfare strengthens this obligation.’
- ‘As against these, the stupendous increase in the destructiveness of air power has been of limited utility in guerrilla war.’
- ‘There was a game reserve in South Africa in which a herd of elephants suddenly exhibited uncharacteristic, senseless violence and destructiveness.’
- ‘The passion, if not the logic, of her argument is clear and perhaps casts a new light on the deliberate destructiveness of the motives that lay behind her literary innovations.’
- ‘But for the last Bushmen of the central Kalahari, all this is worthless: worse, it all brings a bullying destructiveness which could spell their end.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.