One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Scatter half a chopped onion, half a garlic clove, and 2 dessertspoonfuls of salt over meat.’
- ‘One or two dessertspoonfuls of linseeds each day usually have the desired effect.’
- ‘Add a dash of brown sugar (about a dessertspoonful) to the meat and a couple of teaspoonfuls of pesto to the vegetables.’
- ‘I know a married couple that has been taking 2-3 dessertspoonfuls of cod-liver oil a day (the orange flavour) for several years.’
- ‘Drop a scant dessertspoonful of the mixture on to lightly oiled oven trays, leaving room for spreading.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.