One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Participants were asked about the dermatologic effects of the protocols with regard to dryness, desquamation, and irritation.’
- ‘Scarlet fever provides the classic example of an erythematous rash with subsequent desquamation.’
- ‘They include nausea, vomiting, an increased susceptibility to infection, oral mucositis, diarrhoea, desquamation of the palms and soles, and, rarely, cardiac and neurological toxic effects.’
- ‘Local tissue reactions were confined to the treatment site and included erythema, swelling, desquamation, erosions, and eschar in most patients.’
- ‘This interfered with the normal process of desquamation, resulting in a build-up of keratin (retention hyperkeratosis).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.