One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In spite of.
- ‘Crime reaches us despite of whatever security measures we put in place.’
- ‘She was honoured to run her short distance despite of having broken her leg.’
- ‘And so, despite of some success in a side career as an actress, the downward spiral of her personal life continued until she hit rock bottom in 1993.’
- ‘What still amazes many people is the boom in the building trade in the town and the demand for new houses that has not reduced in volume despite of what national trends may suggest.’
- ‘The latter commented, ‘And I still am keen on meeting my friends on a weekly basis, despite of my deteriorating health conditions.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.