One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for Hail Mary (sense 2)
- ‘Star quarterback Mark Jutzi rolled out and threw a desperation pass, but it was intercepted, ending the game.’
- ‘Georgia (3-0) intercepted Penn's desperation pass on the final play of the game.’
- ‘The Huskies muffed the extra point when the snap went high and a desperation pass by holder Desi Cullen was incomplete.’
- ‘Still, there has been some excitement, particularly in the 1995 season when they came within a desperation pass of winning the AFC crown.’
- ‘Wolverines safety Ryan Mundy intercepted a desperation pass by Davis in the end zone with no time left.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.