Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Remove the solder from (electrical components), usually to effect separation.‘cut the pins one by one on the component side, desolder the halves, then throw the chip out’
- ‘I was able to rewire and test circuits quickly without having to solder and desolder.’
- ‘Desoldering and replacing components is not as easy as soldering them.’
- ‘‘If you have to, you can just change the programmable memory chip - desolder it, put it back on there,’ he says.’
- ‘It takes power to generate enough heat to melt solder, especially when connecting or desoldering large components and when using solder wick.’
- ‘In the electrical arts as mentioned, it is often desired to desolder an electrical connection, such as, for example, a wire wrapped terminal, a wire to circuit board eyelet, or the like.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.