One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Remove the solder from (electrical components), usually to effect separation.‘cut the pins one by one on the component side, desolder the halves, then throw the chip out’
- ‘‘If you have to, you can just change the programmable memory chip - desolder it, put it back on there,’ he says.’
- ‘Desoldering and replacing components is not as easy as soldering them.’
- ‘In the electrical arts as mentioned, it is often desired to desolder an electrical connection, such as, for example, a wire wrapped terminal, a wire to circuit board eyelet, or the like.’
- ‘It takes power to generate enough heat to melt solder, especially when connecting or desoldering large components and when using solder wick.’
- ‘I was able to rewire and test circuits quickly without having to solder and desolder.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.