One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A one-volume dictionary of medium size.
- ‘Since then, the publishing company has sold more than 55 million copies and consistently set the standard for college-level desk dictionaries in this country.’
- ‘I also use desk dictionaries, which are mainly for students who find looking through a normal dictionary far too intimidating.’
- ‘It contains more words than any of the other major desk dictionaries; it is a good source for new words, as it is updated annually.’
- ‘A study was conducted in order to determine the usefulness of an American college desk dictionary used by English as a Second Language students when taking a vocabulary test.’
- ‘College or desk dictionaries in print, the most common type, are still easier to use, easier to read, and more convenient to reach than their electronic equivalents.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.