One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It didn't hurt Stravinsky much, and his sunny piece got a deservingly warm reception.’
- ‘He pointed out that many a politician is being called ‘the Honourable this and that’ when he would more deservingly be called ‘Dishonourable’!’
- ‘He was in awesome form, scoring two tries as Leicester rolled over the opposition and he deservingly won the coveted Man of the Match award.’
- ‘That they deservingly gained this great distinction no well-informed individual will for a moment deny.’
- ‘Thus the fly-away-five deservingly held on to the finish: though in fact there was mere seconds between the whole field at the finish.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.