In the way that is deserved; rightfully.‘a deservedly popular sitcom’‘they are top of the division, and deservedly so’
justifiably, rightfully, rightly, by rights, justly, fairly, appropriately, fittingly, suitably, aptly, according to one's due, dulycondignlyView synonyms
- ‘A lot has been written and said about that game and deservedly so.’
- ‘Ireland deservedly enjoys an excellent reputation throughout the world for its food and drink.’
- ‘There were only seconds remaining in the half when Aberdeen deservedly equalised and again it was a first goal at his club for the scorer.’
- ‘A superb recovery though saw them deservedly take all three points.’
- ‘In the first half we made mistakes that were duly and deservedly punished.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.