Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
In the way that is deserved; rightfully.‘a deservedly popular sitcom’‘they are top of the division, and deservedly so’
justifiably, rightfully, rightly, by rights, justly, fairly, appropriately, fittingly, suitably, aptly, according to one's due, dulycondignlyView synonyms
- ‘In the first half we made mistakes that were duly and deservedly punished.’
- ‘A superb recovery though saw them deservedly take all three points.’
- ‘Ireland deservedly enjoys an excellent reputation throughout the world for its food and drink.’
- ‘There were only seconds remaining in the half when Aberdeen deservedly equalised and again it was a first goal at his club for the scorer.’
- ‘A lot has been written and said about that game and deservedly so.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.