One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Rightfully earned because of something done or qualities shown; merited.‘a deserved standing ovation’‘a deserved victory’
- ‘But by then Gloucester were firmly in control and on their way to a deserved victory.’
- ‘To all concerned, take a deserved big bow and a clap on the back for a job well done.’
- ‘The applause will be loud and long in deserved praise of a man and his family who have done so much for Scottish boxing.’
- ‘Finally he was a deserved winner, and acclaimed by the audience as such.’
- ‘It was a deserved victory, with every player contributing to a determined performance.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.