One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The process of desensitization to violence through repeated exposure in the media has been studied for decades.’
- ‘I believe in the effect of an increasing desensitization of people towards violence, and I believe that violent images of women are damaging.’
- ‘This motivation thus affords the opportunity for exposure, which may make desensitization of fear or ambivalence toward a dangerous product like cigarettes possible.’
- ‘Would you say that bringing emotion into the story, letting the reporter speak from the heart, is also helping avoid the desensitization?’
- ‘Many other studies show marked changes in aggressive and deviant attitudes resulting from pornographic desensitization.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.