One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘She said she would do her best to bind the wounds of the association, which have been left gaping by the 40-plus members who signed the petition calling for her deselection.’
- ‘But following the deselection of a prospective parliamentary candidate, some of the earlier restraint has disappeared.’
- ‘Moreover, the impact has been minimised by the simple fact that not a single volume will be moved before October, and then staff can double-check a list of proposed deselections.’
- ‘His deselection caused anger in the parliamentary party as well as in his constituency, but MPs are unwilling to rock the boat so close to the election.’
- ‘Yesterday the leader rejected suggestions the deselections and resignation were evidence of the party being ‘out of touch’.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.