One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘She had the misfortune to be married to that monster of self-indulgence Henry VIII, the desecrator of our monasteries.’
- ‘It didn't seem to occur to him that the desecrators might come later.’
- ‘Yet in many ways he remains an outlier and an oddity on the cultural scene, a cult figure with plenty of worshippers and plenty of desecrators.’
- ‘I'm sure the town's force could narrow down the possible desecrators to a similar number of miscreants.’
- ‘Until then, we must depend on the statue desecrators to remind the nation about choices and consequences.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.