One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Convert or restore (a signal) to intelligible form.
- ‘The programmer claims it can ‘descramble in excess of 21.5MBps ’.’
- ‘A professor wants to study junk DNA sequences to see if they may be descrambled to contain communications from extraterrestrial intelligences.’
- ‘When you received a message scrambled with your public key, you entered your private key into PGP and it descrambled the email or file.’
- ‘The basis of conditional access technology rests on scrambling and descrambling the pictures on your screen.’
- ‘In addition, the machine is not capable of descrambling programming while supporting electronic program guides.’
- ‘They are merely PC Card form-factor devices that descramble premium cable content, precluding the need for set-top boxes, and plug into DCR TVs, set-top devices, and digital recorders.’
- ‘Without that encoded signal, the box will not obey commands to descramble programming.’
- ‘A US jury this week convicted a man for selling illegal cable TV descrambling hardware.’
- ‘However, you must shut down the digital TV application and start up a separate one for cable (and no, you can't get HD that way, because the device can't descramble the transmission).’
- ‘The operator would place descrambling information in the POD and give it to subscribers who buy set-tops.’
- ‘The U.S. Supreme Court has bowed out of a long-running dispute over a DVD descrambling utility, dealing a preliminary defeat to Hollywood studios and electronics makers…’
- ‘In 2002, the Court of Appeals upheld a lower court ruling that barred a hacker magazine from posting or linking to a DVD descrambling program.’
- ‘He was alleged to have broken the law by writing and publishing a DVD descrambling program so that he could watch films he owned on a Linux PC.’
- ‘This is a device that is also descrambling pay-per-view or premium channels.’
- ‘The license gives set-top makers and vendors access to a signal-scrambling and descrambling system.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.