Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The part of the large intestine that passes downward on the left side of the abdomen toward the rectum.
- ‘Tumors in the descending colon comprise 5% of primary colorectal cancers.’
- ‘The descending colon is structurally similar to the transverse colon.’
- ‘The colon is divided into four parts: the ascending colon, the transverse colon, the descending colon, and the sigmoid colon.’
- ‘The inferior artery also gave rise to two branches: one to the inferior portion of the descending colon and the other to the sigmoid colon and rectum.’
- ‘On palpation of the abdomen I found the descending colon very tender, as well as the epigastric region.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.