One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The part of the large intestine that passes downward on the left side of the abdomen toward the rectum.
- ‘Tumors in the descending colon comprise 5% of primary colorectal cancers.’
- ‘The colon is divided into four parts: the ascending colon, the transverse colon, the descending colon, and the sigmoid colon.’
- ‘The descending colon is structurally similar to the transverse colon.’
- ‘On palpation of the abdomen I found the descending colon very tender, as well as the epigastric region.’
- ‘The inferior artery also gave rise to two branches: one to the inferior portion of the descending colon and the other to the sigmoid colon and rectum.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.