One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Make less saturated; cause to become unsaturated.
- ‘Brighter outdoor scenes fare better, though the colors are still desaturated.’
- ‘Finally, a gritty, color desaturated appearance is used for Mexico.’
- ‘It is filmed mainly at night or in grey, desaturated daylight.’
- ‘Colors are desaturated, and about the only red in the picture is Ivan's mysterious car.’
- ‘He also desaturates the color palette, removing many of the reds and blues in favor of browns and yellows, again accenting the gritty feel of a metropolitan locale.’
- ‘Colors are restrained and desaturated, adding to the gritty feel of the handheld camera work.’
- ‘The colors are alternately desaturated and deeply saturated, which probably figures into the complex narrative structure in some way.’
- ‘For some scenes, he desaturates the color to the point where everything is almost black-and-white.’
- ‘The colors are desaturated with poor contrast, giving everything a grayish cast.’
- ‘Stronger saturations call for a much louder voice, where desaturated schemes lend themselves to a much lighter touch.’
- ‘The colors seemed a tad desaturated, but that could be due to stylistic intent.’
- ‘They oppose it with tint, which is the opposite process of adding white to a colour, to desaturate it.’
- ‘The video is full frame with slightly desaturated colors, especially in the reds, making a soft picture.’
- ‘In the actual film, the color is desaturated to give the scene a more dreamlike quality.’
- ‘It is not that the stock was desaturated in order to make the film look bleak, but rather that the picture looks washed out and overly bright throughout.’
- ‘Colors are completely lifeless, desaturated, and dull.’
- ‘The colors seem a bit desaturated, but the image is crisp and there are few blemishes.’
- ‘He plays with colors, frequently desaturating the hues to give his images an almost ‘brown-and-white’ look that recalls an old, graying photograph.’
- ‘Some other sequences are significantly desaturated and muted.’
- ‘Colors are slightly desaturated, but done so with purpose to give the show a distinctive look.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.