Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for desalinate
- ‘Reverse osmosis is a process for desalting water that uses membranes that are permeable to water but essentially impermeable to salt.’
- ‘These effects are unlikely to be due to low-molecular-weight effectors since similar results were obtained whether or not extracts were desalted prior to assay.’
- ‘The supernatant was desalted by centrifugal gel filtration and concentrated by ultrafiltration as previously described.’
- ‘The desalted extract (soluble enzymes) was used for the enzyme assays.’
- ‘One solution would be to build a garbage burning plant which would produce electricity which would drive reverse osmosis desalting units.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.