One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The boat is equipped with a desalinator for making seawater drinkable, solar panels and a small generator for electricity and six different types of high-calorie dehydrated expedition food.’
- ‘They guzzle so much energy that desalinators operate only in locations with excess petroleum, or where waste heat from power plants (especially nuclear and geothermal) can be recycled.’
- ‘The government is also encouraging the private sector to build desalinators to provide fresh water on a steady basis.’
- ‘Behind him, he towed a raft outfitted with a coffin-size sleeping compartment and carrying fishing tackle, compass, sextant, and three portable water desalinators.’
- ‘Designed to carry up to 20 divers in well-equipped double cabins, she has two generators, two water desalinators, air and nitrox and photo-processing facilities.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.