One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Foolish or stupid.‘they say some pretty derpy things’‘the lead character is a bit derpy’‘a derpy bathroom selfie’
foolish, silly, unintelligent, idiotic, brainless, mindless, scatterbrained, crackbrained, nonsensical, senseless, irresponsible, unthinking, ill-advised, ill-considered, inept, witless, damfool, unwise, injudicious, indiscreet, short-sightedView synonyms
- ‘This feels like a start that got away from him after a derpy error that we shouldn't expect too often.’
- ‘I learned a lot from them and they answered all my derpy questions.’
- ‘They seem to have one tremendously derpy game in them every season.’
- ‘This is a shot at the hack journalists and derpy bloggers that are taking these quotes and various other issues out of context and manufacturing a controversy.’
- ‘Let's not go all derpy about whether that's a thing or not.’
- ‘I know it's super derpy to be replying to myself again.’
- ‘It took one of the derpiest penalty kick shootouts you'll ever see to actually make it happen.’
- ‘I got to say you have a talent for finding one of the derpiest photos of this guy.’
- ‘He had a few derpy moments where he didn't know who to block, but that will come with time.’
- ‘They'll perform the derpy dance as a duo.’
- ‘We learned that if you pause the video enough times you can get a really derpy picture of yourself.’
Early 21st century: from derp.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.