One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Many of the incomers (or ‘white settlers’, as they are sometimes derogatorily known) are seeking a better quality of life away from the big cities.’
- ‘Roma, derogatorily known as gypsies, have lived in Eastern Europe since about 1300.’
- ‘This is why serious astrologers shrink away from what is somewhat derogatorily referred to as ‘sun-sign astrology‘.’
- ‘The years that followed have loosely been described - usually derogatorily - as an ‘arms race.’’
- ‘Further, as many group occasions were bachelor parties, men in groups often spoke derogatorily about marriage and relationships.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.