Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Inflammation of the skin and underlying muscle tissue, involving degeneration of collagen, discoloration, and swelling, typically occurring as an autoimmune condition or associated with internal cancer.
- ‘Strong internal medical treatments that are necessary to control the autoimmune features of dermatomyositis.’
- ‘In addition to inflammatory infiltration and destruction of muscle, patients with dermatomyositis or polymyositis may have involvement of other organ systems.’
- ‘Topical corticosteroids decrease the itching by decreasing the inflammation in the skin caused by dermatomyositis.’
- ‘In some patients with classical dermatomyositis, skin disease activity returns without the return of muscle weakness.’
- ‘Rheumatic diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, dermatomyositis, and scleroderma are thought to be autoimmune diseases.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.