A feeling that one's surroundings are not real, especially as a symptom of mental disturbance.
- ‘Other potential symptoms include acusis, synesthesia, tactile paresthesias, illusions, distortions of body image, derealization, depersonalizations, and mood disturbances.’
- ‘Part of it measures five symptom areas: amnesia, depersonalization, derealization, identity confusion, and identity alteration.’
- ‘In addition, moderate derealization, depersonalization and intensified sensory perception commonly occur.’
- ‘On a scale assessing limbic system symptomatology, those with CI score higher than do normals on derealization, ‘spaciness’ and memory problems.’
- ‘Other aspects include dealing with derealization / dissociation, idealization/devaluation, harsh self-evaluation, and anxiety and depression.’