1The day on which the Epsom Derby is run.
- ‘Should it be worn to the Curragh on a Derby Day which turned out to be less than clement, I reflected, death might indeed be the outcome, at least for the hat.’
- ‘For 31 years at Yale, the last Saturday in April has been Derby Day, an event strictly for the hearty.’
- ‘Traditionally a day for racing purists, Derby Day is considered one of the most prestigious single days of racing in Australasia, featuring a card of nine group races.’
- ‘DERBY Day is expected to be a sell-out by race eve tomorrow.’
- ‘This page shows photos taken at the Oaks Day and Derby Day events between 2003 and 2006, at the Epsom Downs racecourse in Surrey.’
- 1.1 The day on which the Kentucky Derby is run.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.