One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Reduce the power rating of (a component or device)‘the engines were derated to 90 horse power’
- ‘If the breakers must touch each other, they should be derated to 80% of their normal amperage rating.’
- ‘The thrust of the two turbofan engines on underwing pylons would be uprated or derated to reflect the number of seats, allowing the same engine to be used on all three versions.’
- ‘The transmission derates the outputs of both engine types to 450 shp for takeoff and 380 shp for max continuous thrust.’
- ‘If the circuit breaker is mounted in a horizontal plane, derating is required.’
- ‘He said the design is basically a 9,000-lb-thrust engine, heavily derated to specific airframe power requirements.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.