One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Our fathers presided over the ruthless deracination of political reportage in this country, and we intend to make amends during this campaign.’
- ‘She identifies deracination as the defining condition of the modern world.’
- ‘Throughout the Western democracies there is a kind of political deracination taking place.’
- ‘This fine novel of loss, love and deracination is set in the wetlands of the Somerset Levels in 1946 during one of the worst winters for decades.’
- ‘But this does not lead, in the usual modern manner, to images of despair or deracination.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.