One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action or process of freeing something of impurities.
- ‘He said they do not think using bacteriophage as an indicator is a good methodology because depuration may not remove viruses.’
- ‘Most specimens tolerated freshwater conditions during the overnight depuration interval.’
- ‘Retention equations have been developed for humans and may be appropriately applied to model depuration for some other mammals.’
- ‘Even with depuration, HAV may persist in oysters for several weeks after exposure.’
- ‘The relative contribution of different routes of metal loss to the overall metal loss was also quantitatively assessed during the 7-d depuration period.’
Early 17th century: from Latin depuratio(n-), from the verb depurare, from de- ‘completely’ + purare ‘purify’ (from purus ‘pure’).
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.