One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The act of depublishing.‘the League of California cities had requested depublication of the Div. Seven ruling’
- ‘Any request for depublication shall be accompanied by proof of mailing to the Court of Appeal and proof of service to each party to the action or proceeding.’
- ‘This subdivision previously required depublication requests to be made ‘by letter to the Supreme Court,’ but in practice many were incorporated in petitions for review.’
- ‘Yesterday, the Supreme Court denied review and depublication in both cases.’
- ‘Here, the true ‘beauty’ of depublication lies in its secrecy - the absence of public scrutiny.’
- ‘One of his two depublications came in a case where he reversed a trial court's denial of a motion to suppress evidence.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.