Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The act of depublishing.‘the League of California cities had requested depublication of the Div. Seven ruling’
- ‘Here, the true ‘beauty’ of depublication lies in its secrecy - the absence of public scrutiny.’
- ‘Any request for depublication shall be accompanied by proof of mailing to the Court of Appeal and proof of service to each party to the action or proceeding.’
- ‘Yesterday, the Supreme Court denied review and depublication in both cases.’
- ‘This subdivision previously required depublication requests to be made ‘by letter to the Supreme Court,’ but in practice many were incorporated in petitions for review.’
- ‘One of his two depublications came in a case where he reversed a trial court's denial of a motion to suppress evidence.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.