Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The study of unconscious mental processes and motives, especially in psychoanalytic theory and practice.
- ‘We have seen that, from the viewpoint of depth psychology, women have just as much part as men in the archetype of priest and healer.’
- ‘Now I guess in Jungian depth psychology and in psychoanalysis, the unconscious figures fairly dominantly.’
- ‘The interwar years saw the development and spread of the concepts and assumptions of depth psychology, particularly of psychoanalytic thought.’
- ‘He taught religion and depth psychology at universities and colleges and was a psychotherapist in private practice for over twenty years.’
- ‘Appealing to the collective unconscious is becoming less tenable as a deus ex machina in a world where memetics and evolutionary psychology have replaced depth psychology as the essential means of understanding the self.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.