One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The study of unconscious mental processes and motives, especially in psychoanalytic theory and practice.
- ‘We have seen that, from the viewpoint of depth psychology, women have just as much part as men in the archetype of priest and healer.’
- ‘Now I guess in Jungian depth psychology and in psychoanalysis, the unconscious figures fairly dominantly.’
- ‘The interwar years saw the development and spread of the concepts and assumptions of depth psychology, particularly of psychoanalytic thought.’
- ‘He taught religion and depth psychology at universities and colleges and was a psychotherapist in private practice for over twenty years.’
- ‘Appealing to the collective unconscious is becoming less tenable as a deus ex machina in a world where memetics and evolutionary psychology have replaced depth psychology as the essential means of understanding the self.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.