One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The ability to perceive the relative distance of objects in one's visual field.
- ‘Here the lack of depth perception can reduce the ability to do detailed close work or to pour liquids accurately, and can make driving even more hazardous than it is already.’
- ‘It made him wonder, only for a moment, if he had relatively bad depth perception.’
- ‘Binocular vision affords depth perception, multiple dimensions, and the ability to appreciate opposites simultaneously.’
- ‘When older, we also lose depth perception and the ability to distinguish contrast.’
- ‘This ability to sense distance is called depth perception.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.