The distance between the two extreme axial points behind a lens at which an image is judged to be in focus.
- ‘The yield-related depth of focus of the immersion scanner is almost twice that of the dry scanner.’
- ‘Because the depth of focus in these experiments was ~ 2 [mu] m, particles from several different planes are captured in the images.’
- ‘The depth of focus and high-resolution magnification yield data about technology and composition.’
- ‘In addition, it is difficult to change between laser lines rapidly, and it is difficult to retain the exact depth of focus of the different excitation wavelengths.’
- ‘They also have infinite depth of focus and can see through certain materials.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.