One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The distance between the two extreme axial points behind a lens at which an image is judged to be in focus.
- ‘The yield-related depth of focus of the immersion scanner is almost twice that of the dry scanner.’
- ‘Because the depth of focus in these experiments was ~ 2 [mu] m, particles from several different planes are captured in the images.’
- ‘The depth of focus and high-resolution magnification yield data about technology and composition.’
- ‘They also have infinite depth of focus and can see through certain materials.’
- ‘In addition, it is difficult to change between laser lines rapidly, and it is difficult to retain the exact depth of focus of the different excitation wavelengths.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.