One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device fitted to a drill bit to ensure that the hole drilled does not exceed the required depth.
- ‘Adequate down pressure, along with a sturdy depth gauge mechanism and press wheels, are necessities for proper seed placement.’
- ‘Use a depth gauge - some types attach to the drill and others to the bit - or simply wrap a piece of masking tape around the bit as a depth-gauge.’
- ‘The cutting tool for machining valve seats comprises a driving system, a machining head, a pilot, a depth gauge, and a system controller.’
- ‘To make a simple depth gauge, put tape around the drill bit at the proper length.’
- ‘Next, with a small, flat file made for the job, remove any part of the depth gauge that extends above the slot in the guide.’
depth gauge/ˈdepTH ˌɡāj/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.