One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Remove the protein from (a substance), usually as a stage in chemical purification.
- ‘Serum samples were deproteinized with 10 per cent perchloric acid, vortexed for 60 sec for mixing and centrifugation was done at 4000 rpm for 10 min.’
- ‘For the ELD experiments, calf thymus DNA was deproteinized with sodium dodecyl sulfate.’
- ‘One ml serum separated by centrifugation, was deproteinised by the addition of 100 l perchlorate.’
- ‘For the determination of glutathione, the sample obtained as described for enzyme assays was deproteinized immediately using 30% HClO 4.’
- ‘DNA (proteinase K-extracted, stored frozen) was RNase treated and then deproteinized by a standard phenol-chloroform extraction.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.