One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Machine-pressed, tinted glassware that was mass-produced in the US from the late 1920s to the 1940s and often used as giveaways to persuade customers to purchase goods.
- ‘During the era, there were many Depression glass companies, of course they were simply known glass companies at the time, not Depression glass companies as we have come to remember and refer to them as today.’
- ‘The highlights of this marvelous art shop are the beautiful Depression glasses, California pottery from the 1930s and 1940s, old dinnerware, vintage aloha shirts and old Hawaiian music collection.’
- ‘Today, all these examples of Depression glass are highly collectible - especially since real pieces are so very hard to find.’
- ‘Depression glass in all its many shapes and forms is covered extensively in Schiffer's antique Depression glass book titles.’
- ‘Collectors are urged to purchase good reference books like Warmans Depression glass or find a reputable dealer who knows Depression glass.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.