One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The regiment remained during the summer, engaged in scouting and garrison duty, making occasional excursions after guerrillas and other rebel deprecators.’
- ‘This faculty, he went on, aiming at his deprecators, is ‘unfolded in few individuals and despised by those who can neither acquire it nor appreciate its results.’’
- ‘They became to be viewed as a set of robbers and deprecators, banded together solely for the purpose of plunder, and acting without authority of law or order.’
- ‘In academic circles, the cognitive argument that students of design can learn both deeply and widely by using their hands with their minds has equally passionate advocates and deprecators.’
- ‘The city critics and deprecators needed to know that there were processes being put in place, strategies being developed and people still committed to the revival of the city.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.