One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Oh, and it seems that the tactic is to look deprecatingly at each item you are interested in, lest someone else think you are getting excited and start bidding against you.’
- ‘‘That was a close one,’ said Jacob deprecatingly.’
- ‘He snorted once, deprecatingly, then again lifted his beer, finishing it this time.’
- ‘‘Oh, I need both for my work, and I have a lot of practice,’ Yasmin laughed, deprecatingly.’
- ‘He smiled deprecatingly and I noticed the new gaps he had in between his teeth.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.