One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Permanently tormented by pain, the depravations of peasant life slowly take their toll on him, forcing his wife and daughter to play a more central role in caring for the family.’
- ‘They suspected before they began that sleep depravation, smoking, extra jobs and a social life all contributed to a lack of concentration.’
- ‘He left fairly comfortable circumstances to sail 12,000 miles and suffered hardship and depravation.’
- ‘Really extreme sleep depravation brings hallucinations and difficulty speaking and moving.’
- ‘Normally, high teenage pregnancy rates are associated with areas of depravation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.