One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action of deporting a foreigner from a country.‘asylum seekers facing deportation’as modifier ‘a deportation order’‘mass deportations took place over many months’
expulsion, expelling, banishment, banishing, exile, exiling, transportation, transporting, extradition, extraditing, expatriation, expatriating, repatriation, repatriating, refoulementView synonyms
- ‘Denaturalisation, deportation and extradition are the only avenues justice can allow.’
- ‘Can you hold them in custody for purposes of expulsion or deportation, even if they are children?’
- ‘There has been a significant rise in the number of deportations carried out so far this year compared with last year, according to new statistics.’
- ‘The deportation of thousands of failed asylum-seekers will also be made a top priority.’
- ‘The mass deportations have provoked tension between both countries.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.