One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Does actin polymerization restart from nucleation sites that are retained at the membrane during the depolymerization of actin, or can repolymerization begin anywhere in the cell and be subsequently coupled to membrane protrusion?’
- ‘The dynamics of actin polymerization and depolymerization in the absence of crosslinkers has been mathematically modeled by others, and was theoretically shown to yield a steady-state exponential length distribution.’
- ‘The development of leatheriness showed a similar lack of polyuronide depolymerization, with no detectable depolymerization relative to pre-ripening and a greater arrest of depolymerization than in mealy fruit.’
- ‘We used a low dose of the drug to prevent catastrophic depolymerization of actin and major morphological changes, which both would have biased our analysis.’
- ‘For example, tropomyosin, a coiled-coil protein that binds along the sides of actin filaments, inhibits the rate of depolymerization from the pointed end, without affecting elongation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.