Reduce or remove the polarization of.‘the threshold necessary to depolarize the membrane’
- ‘The ability of the plasma membrane to depolarize remains functional in the rho cells as evidenced by the release of insulin with the depolarizing agent KCl.’
- ‘The positive charge that they carry produces a further membrane depolarization, which activates additional sodium channels, so depolarizing the membrane even further.’
- ‘The flow of cations through the receptors rapidly depolarizes the postsynaptic membrane, and the signal is propagated along the electrically excitable membrane toward the next nerve cell.’
- ‘Why a small proportion of resistant cells (or untreated sensitive cells) should have depolarized membranes is not known.’
- ‘Light passing through such a liquid crystal can be polarized and depolarized by changing the field and has led to the liquid crystal displays we see in watches, microwaves, and laptop computers today.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.